Happy INDEPENDENCE Day!
First off I want to thank EVERYONE who has responded to the call for more Mark Scott tapes. You all are great. And we have already have some of the first new cassettes trickling in to volunteers to begin the conversion process. So, more to follow. If you haven’t contacted me about how to donate your shows or haven’t arranged to get them to a volunteer – please contact me and let’s get that set up soon.
What follows is the final tape – Tape 13- contribution from the fantastic work done for us by Alice. Alice, we have been enjoying your tapes for the past year and are very thankful for all of the work you did. It is great.
Here are the liner notes from Alice
Mark Scott Show – WXYT 2000 – Tape 13 1:06:07
December 15, 2000
1. Bill of Rights Day. Does the Bill of Rights matter? Topics: raging against self-defense; psychiatrists examining anti-gun mentality; why would successful people regard themselves as victims?
Mentioned in this broadcast:
- Jews for the Preservation of Fire Arms Ownership
- Brass Roots
2. Interview with Michael Hoban, Executive Director, Brass Roots. Concealed weapons permit passed; discussion of positive and negative aspects of the gun bill. Callers:
a. “Joe from a car phone.” Retired police officer. Absurdity of “no gun zones.”
b. “Frank from Northville.” Can the bill be overturned by referendum?
c. “Bob from Troy.” Firearms instructor.
d. “Steve from Troy.” Having a gun makes you reluctant to use it.
<Break> Mark acknowledges WXYT career ending. Provides information about future web broadcast.
a. “John from his cellular.” Inaudible.
b. “Guy from Ecorse.” Complains about “no gun zones.” Tape Summaries 4-13 Page 11 Note: Tape cuts at this point (original tape is garbled) and returns with:
3. Mark advises of new website: markscottshow.com. Expresses appreciation to web site designer, Ari Rubenstein.
a. Steve from Auburn Hills.” CCW bill. Inequities in different counties for eligibility to acquire permit. Racist origins of gun control laws [caller held over segment break].
b. “Scott from Romulus.” Shooting victim. End of Interview with Hoban.
4. Interview with health expert, Dr. Ted Broer. Books: Maximum Energy and Maximum Fat Loss. Top 10 foods never to eat: hot dogs, aspartame in diet sodas, margarine/hydrogenated oils.
a. “John from his car.” Value of exercise. Food additives.
b. “Lisa from a cellular.” Amish meat better? Microwave ovens. Aspartame.
c. “Steve from Troy.” Six year old won’t eat.
d. “Michael from Dearborn.” Variables that affect cholesterol.
e. “John from Royal Oak.” Milk and dairy. Mark reminds of new website.
Mark closes his show.
End of Show END OF RECORDING